QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2003-04 > 1051361693

From: "Jerry Richmond" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Quaker Jones Family
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 07:54:53 -0500

Mema & List -

I don't claim 100% coverage at all, but I do have a sizable
Quaker Jones Database. I hate to be negative but I do not
find your names of interest in it. I have found tracing Joneses
to be extremely difficult. One can only be certain of a Quaker
connection for a Jones family if one finds them in an area
known to be a Quaker area of settlement. My experience
shows principal Jones Quaker settlements in Indiana to have
been Morgan, Orange, Parke, Wabash, and Wayne counties.

If your Jones have Quaker connections, one would probably
have to go back to the man born in 1782 to discover them.

Regards, Jerry Richmond
You are cordially invited to visit "The Quaker Collection"
http://home.sprynet.com/~jrichmon/qkrcoll.htm