QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2003-04 > 1051133436

From: "Lisa Arnold" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] I'm new here
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:35:19 -0600

Derek-

Welcome!
I think I can speak for others when I say that I would be interested
in hearing of your findings.
We know that the Quakers left Wales, Ireland and England to escape
heavy taxation and worship as they pleased in the "Atlantic colonies".
But in your studies, did you find there were other major reasons for
their seeking new horizons?

Lisa