QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2003-04 > 1051132528

Subject: [Q-R] I'm new here
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:15:28 EDT

Dear list - I don't think I have any Quaker ancesters, but I am a Quaker and
have studied their history. I am currently working and live at a Quaker
meeting house in the UK - I look after the building and the Meeting looks
after me and my family (its a good deal).

A while ago (1997) I did an MA looking at early Quakers who left England to
go to the Atlantic colonies during the 17th century - My reseach explored
some of their motives for leaving everything behind to go to the West Indies
and the East coast of America.

My research is over now and I miss my work, therefore hope to engage with my
interest through this list.

Derek Timlett

This thread: