QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2002-12 > 1039371053

Subject: Re: [Q-R] HORN
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:10:53 EST

I don't think they are my Horns, unless they are descendants of a sibling of
Nathaniel Horn. Nathaniel Horn moved and lived the rest of his life in
Orange Co., N.C. As far as I know, all his children, except my
g.g.g.g.grandfather stayed in N.C. My g+grandfather, Wm. Jeremiah Horn, Sr.
removed to Eastern Tennessee, roamed around there and died in Carroll Co.,
Tn. His son Wm. Jeremiah Horn, Jr. moved from Eastern Tennessee to Cherokee
Nation East, then removed to Indian Territory and finally settled and died in
Collin Co., Texas. Aso by that time, Jeremiah Sr. had been disowned in a
dispute with the Quaker MM and became a Methodist Minister. Jeremiah Jr.
followed his footsteps and was also a Methodist Minister. I believe the
sisters of Jeremiah, Sr. remained Quaker, but have not done any research on
them to see if their descendants remained Quaker. I haven't ever run across
any other Horns in the same areas as my Horns lived except possibly N.C. so
it doesn't seem there would be a connection unless it was early 1700's.
Gosh, I wish could find something to connect my Horn to somebody though.
Sara Georgiadis

This thread: