QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2002-06 > 1023321891

From: "Horace B. Peele" <>
Subject: [Q-R] THe Passing of "Miss Annie" Elizabeth Peele
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 19:04:51 -0500

Hello my friends,

"Miss Annie", who many of you knew personally, and for others who knew her
by sending cards to her over the years, died today 5 June 2002 at 7:30 AM
in the Richmond County Hospice. God had blessed her with a good clear
mind right to the end. Once she reached the 100th birthday in March, she
seemed to start failing. In two months she weakened to where she could not
walk when I saw her last on Sunday, 2 June, my birthday. She looked at me
that day, placed her hand on my cheek, and told me that she would not be
there when I came the next time, and then she said "I Love You".

I left knowing that was the last time I would see her. She passed on
without major pain. She was such a beautiful lady. Her funeral will be held
in Hamlet, North Carolina, at the Watkins-King Funeral Home on Sunday, June
9, 2002, at 3PM. Everyone is invited.

Following is her Obiturary.

Obituary

“Miss Annie” Elizabeth Bullard Peele was born March 26, 1902, on
the Bullard Farm, just north of Gibson, North Carolina, the daughter of
George Robertson Bullard (1874-1941) and Jereter Isabella Wright (1873-1945).
At the age of 14, young Annie joined St. John's Methodist Church
and committed her life to Christ. She married Marvin Buford Peele, Sr., at
the age of 21 and moved her membership to Ghio Tabernacle United Methodist
Church. Here they served faithfully, committed to serving God, all their
lives.
For the next 79 years, she lived on the Peele Farm that she and
her husband bought as newly weds in 1923, at 1105 Ghio Road, south of
Hamlet, North Carolina. She was "Miss Annie" to many and she leaves a
lasting impression of a beautiful lady on all who met her. She was a
Sunday school teacher and a member of the Women's Society of Christian
Services. She was preceded in death by an infant daughter, Phyllis Corine
(1931), her husband Marvin Buford Peele (1890-1984), and her son Cecil Pate
Peele, Sr. (1928-1996).
On June 5, 2002, Mrs. Annie Bullard Peele was called to rest by
our Heavenly Father, and to join her husband Marvin Buford Peele. She was
a beloved wife, mother, and homemaker. She died while in the care of the
Richmond County Hospice.
Miss Annie is survived by four loving children: Marvin Buford
Peele, Jr., of Monroe, VA; Mrs. Elizabeth Ethridge White of Hamlet, NC;
George Leroy Peele of Hamlet, NC; Horace Bullard Peele of San Antonio, TX,
and by two younger Sisters Josephine Baker and Myrtle Webb. Miss Annie has
15 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and 5 great-great grandchildren,
many nieces, nephews, and friends.
The family wishes to gratefully acknowledge and expresses their
appreciation for all the cards, flowers, visits, food and other expressions
of love and sympathy shown during the time of their bereavement.

Horace

(Looking for Peal, Peel, Peelle, Peelle descendants)
.The First Peelle Family In America [Peelle, Peele, Peel, Peal].
Visit all my sites from - http://www.horace.peele.com
Sons of The American Revolution # 151084
Horace Peele, 12806 Chateau Forest, San Antonio, TX 78230

This thread: