QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1999-11 > 0942800168

From: Steven W Hornaday <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Stubbs
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:56:08 -0500

Tom, Karen, and List Thank You,

I have not done much research in the Preble County area and will need to
take note of some of the sources that you have mentioned. It seems that
my Hornaday family and the Stubbs family were active in several areas of
Preble County.

According to the Hornaday book; My 3rd ggrandfather, Nathan Hornaday's,
son Nathan Jr. and Jesse Stubbs organized West Elkton. Nathan Jr. was
also a Justice of the Peace, Assistant Internal Revenue Assessor, and
Mayor of West Elkton.

My 3rd ggrandparents Nathan, Sr. and Ruth (Piggott) Hornaday moved to
Preble County, Ohio from Cane Creek, North Carolina between 1807-1809.
Although Nathan was not Quaker his wife Ruth (Piggott) Hornaday was.

Ruth was disowned from the Cane Creek MM for mariage out of unity on
November 6, 1802 and condemned her marriage out of unity on April 4,
1807. On August 8, 1807 Ruth was granted a certificate for the Miami
Monthly Meeting in Ohio. (Note dates may not be correct).

Sorry I could not be of more help to the people asking about the Stubbs
family.

Steve

--
Steven W. Hornaday