QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-08 > 0903832761

From: Joyce Smith <>
Subject: Re: SISSON, TRIPP, CORNELL, LAWTON, RI
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 20:39:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Sharon and all -
This is a little off topic but..."Preserved Fish"?! I have
seen lots of strange names with the Quakers and Puritans (Desire,
Silence, Patience, etc.) but this takes the prize for "mean things parents
do to their children." You can't tell me that his parents didn't know how
funny that name would sound!
"Grizzle Strange" is a close second.
And at the wedding - did RUTH COOK PRESERVED FISH? <G>

- Joyce Smith :-)
Baltimore, MD

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Sharon Hagler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Thomas FISH whom married a Grizzle STRANGE, and I am descended
> from their son, Preserved FISH whom married Ruth COOK.

This thread: