QC-ETANGLO-L Archives

Archiver > QC-ETANGLO > 2002-04 > 1019563946

From: "Regi Milan" <>
Subject: Re: [QC-ETANGLO] Where in US
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 06:13:10 -0600

Hi Carol,

As the other reply mentioned, a great many migrated to Vermont and New York.
But I also know many landed in Massachusetts, and many others went farther
into Ohio and Wisconsin. Vermont has a great vital records index that is
easily searchable (although it does contain mistakes as most records do).
You might want to try there first and see if any of your surnames, and given
names show up. The index was pretty inclusive. If you don't find them
there, I'd try New York next, the Massachusetts, and so on.

You also might want to post to the lists for those areas to see if or where
your surnames show up the most in the given time period. It may help you
narrow down your search -- and possibly make a connection.

Good luck!

Regi

REGI MILAN
Orem, Utah

My genealogy can be viewed on Rootsweb.com's World Connect Project at:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=rmilan

"There are only two lasting bequests we can leave our childrenĀŠ
One of these is roots; The other, wings."
--Hodding CarterĀ  1907-1972