QBC-MONTREAL-L Archives

Archiver > QBC-MONTREAL > 2005-06 > 1118526017

From: <>
Subject: RE: [MONTREAL] Dorothy WEINBERG, 1951
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:40:17 -0700

The way the law reads is that both sides have to put in a demande
(request) to be found. In your case, one of the parties on each side. I
was not adopted but was brought up in an orphanage and boarding schools.
When I turned 50 I found out that my mother had conceived at least 5
children. I began my search through Centre de Services Sociaux on
Maisonneuve in Montreal. The children's dob's ranged from 1945 to 1957.
I have now been reunited with all of them. All five of us that is...
The laws changed after I found the last one which incidently was
miraculaously found through the internet, a site called CANADOPT. You
should register there. The new laws are severe. There are no open
records there. But you would be amazed on how many adoptees are
searching as well as the non-adopted folks looking for their blood
relatives who were in fact adopted.

I would be more then happy to try and do some legwork for you. I will
study your data and see if I can locate anything for you.

I show 15 Weinbergs living in Quebec Province. Have you contacted any
of them??? Oh.. And btw, these people who advertise that they can find
someone for a fee. Forget it....It cost me the price of phone calls,
gas, stamps, and lots of tears but I prevailed. Do any of the records
mention a FATHER BOYLE or FRERE BOYLE involved with the adoption??

Lynda

Be Kind..... We "Could" Be Related!!!