QBC-MONTREAL-L Archives

Archiver > QBC-MONTREAL > 2002-10 > 1034008554

From: Martha Costello <>
Subject: RE:[MONTREAL] Ammi Panneton Birth Record
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:27:55 -0700

"Richard G. Smith" <> asked:

> I am trying to establish if a soldier who was killed in World War I was
> my great uncle .....His name was Ammi Rosario Panneton and he was born in Montreal 5 Apr
> 1890. I need to know who his parents were....

Richard,
You can probably get the info you're after.....check for him at:
Commonwealth War Graves website, located at
http://www.cwgc.org/
or it might be:
http://www.mllp.demon.co.uk/index.html
Canadian War Graves Archive.
Think it's the former...note his regimental number, then search him out
in the Nat Arc of Can CEF database at:
http://www.archives.ca/index.html
Then you can e-mail the archives a request for a p/copy of his WWI file
- attestation will have nok, c/w address, dob, etc - there's usually a
bit of a turn around time but they'll p/copy / invioce you before
sending.
Martha

This thread: