PURVIANCE-L Archives

Archiver > PURVIANCE > 2002-02 > 1014741582

From: Wanda Rabb <>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Purviance] Welcome new subscriber
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:39:42 -0500

Hi Tom,

Thanks for sharing your Purviance connection with us. I only have one Purviance in my line (thus far) and she has proven to be a total brick wall! My gr-gr-grandfather, William Paxton, born ca 1822 in Mecklenburg County, NC married Emily Purviance in 1849 (I believe in Mecklenburg County). I cannot find anyone who knows who Emily's parents were. The Paxtons lived in present-day Union County, NC. In the 1850-1860 Union County, NC Census, there is an Alfred Pervines and wife Lucretia who are of the proper age to be Emily's parents. They were living near the Paxtons, so I figure they may be her parents. Would love to find proof of this. They disappear from the census in NC as of 1870. If anyone out there can help me break through this brick wall, I would greatly appreciate it!

Wanda