PRUSSIA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PRUSSIA-ROOTS > 1999-03 > 0922430454

From: "Schwandt" <>
Subject: [PRUSSIA-ROOTS-L] Schneidemuhl Area
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:40:54 -0600

Steve Dippel, Gary Lentz: Nice to see you guys in the neighbourhood.
My own interests are my SCHWANDT family, SW of Deutsh Krone now Walcz, near
Tutz, now Tuczno, in a village called Emilienthal.
I'm just getting into the films from the Family History Centre, and finding
it slow going in the ships lists, and also in finding any evidence at all
in the old country.
If you haven't done so, make your first step to go to the Library near you
and get into the Mayer-Ort gazetteer.
If you think we can do some things together, I'd be happy to do so. I've
been lurking here and in the Posen List for the past few weeks, and have
been struck by the helpfulness of the people involved. I'd really like to
see the Posen ListServe become more active though, because Prussia is just
so much larger. Regards,
John Schwandt:
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

This thread: