POSEN-L Archives

Archiver > POSEN > 1999-02 > 0918589886

From: <>
Subject: RE:[POSEN-L] NAMES/STOEBNER
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:51:26 EST

Reply to:(Glenn Merkord)

Yes-I know about the Herman Stoebner/Emilie Hohertz line of STOEBNER
descendents that emigrated from the Schokken area.I am acquainted with John
Stoebner and Willie Mae Stoebner in Texas who are descendents from this
line.We have found out that Herman Stoebner's parents were Johann Stebner and
Julianna Prien and his grandparents were Gottlieb Stebner and Anna Rosina
Kissman per LDS Shokken Evang.records.However we don't know the relationship
between Michael Sto"bner(my gggrandfather) and Gottlieb Stebner.Notice the
discrepency between the way Stoebner,Stebner and Sto"bner is written in the
church records.So more work needs to be done in the area.

You may like to correspond with John Stoebner (} concerning the
Herman Stoebner descendents.I would like to hear from anyone who could provide
information about the Stoebner's, Stebner's or Stobners from this area.If I
can provide any information let me know.

Al Schram

This thread: