PONTIUS-L Archives

Archiver > PONTIUS > 2010-05 > 1274935734

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [PONTIUS] Looking for help with Pontius
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 04:48:54 -0000

Author: rbpontius1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.pontius/93.2.1.2.1.1.1.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Yes, look up Anna for sure as the "Pontius Widow" as JPP(her husband) died 2 years before the boat ride. How easy for me to think "the boat ride". I bet that trip has a yarn unto itself. I have Anna's death as 1738 PA, presumably as or shortly after the "Glasgow" arrived. Alsow I believe J. Henry Pontius is named after Hans Nickel Haugh as opposed to Johann Heinrich Zeller. J. Frederick Pontius choosing his mother's father's name not his wife's father's name.

Hans Nickel Haugh B: 1653 Germany D: 1737-02-15 Germany was married to Anna M Rothfuchs B: 1655 Forhen, Prussia D: 1729-06-28, Prussia.

Important Note: