PONTIUS-L Archives

Archiver > PONTIUS > 2010-01 > 1263104457

From: ,
Subject: [PONTIUS] Hannah C Pontius daughter of Mary and Francis James wifeof Lincoln Pontius
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 06:20:57 -0000

Author: txdawnie
Surnames: James
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.pontius/115/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I am seeking information on Hannah C Pontius and/or her decendants. Mrs. Pontius was married to Lincoln Pontius when her mother Mary James (Bettles) passed on Nov 27, 1892. She was with her mother in Port Townsend WA on the date of her death.

We have purchased their (the James's) family retirement home. It was built for Hannah's mother who passed seven weeks after the home was finished. We have a few of his possessions including a lovely transcript of his writings of his feelings after his wife passed. We would love to have more information about the family for a museaum area in the house (James House, Port Townsend WA). We would LOVE to have a picture of Mary because this home meant so much to him and was built as a tribute to them.

Any information on the family would be welcome. We are not aware of where Ms. Pontius and her husband Lincoln resided, just that she was present when her mother passed. It's important to us to document the first residents of our grand home and to be sure we get the information correct as it hasn't necessarily been kept well by the local historical society. We would like to clear that up. Any information on the daughter Hannah or the James family or James house would be dearly welcome!

Important Note: