POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2005-07 > 1121807214

From: "Jan Prygoda" <>
Subject: Telephone directory
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:06:54 +0200

Hello Dennis (and all others I am writing)

I am now concentrating on the Polish telephone directory as the microfilms did not lead to much information yet. I have a question. What does Miasto (City) cover in the Polish telephone directory. I have checked the Przygoda name in
Mielec 15 times
Sandomierz 2
Kielce 2
Tarnobrzeg 1
Starochowice 28
Rzeszow 1
Ropczyce 0
Kolbuszowa 0
I searched Borowa - Przygoda Czermin - Przygoda but nothing comes out. Are the people of Borowa and Czermin included in the telephone directory of Mielec ? I checked Starochowice as I saw a priest being born there in 1962 in who I see some Przygoda features. I wonder where all those 550 Przygoda people in the old province of Kielce are when there are only 2 in Kielce city. Does the name frequency list mention families or individual persons in that province ? If 57 in the Rzeszow province means individual persons it could be that almost all people with my family name live in Mielec. In that case I could perhaps concentrate on Mielec and find out if there is a marriage certificate of my grandparents. There could also be a birth certificate in 1909 of one unknown name male Przygoda.

I have written to the Civil Records Office in Warsaw if they can find my father's birth certificate there among the data of Chorostkow.
By the way, I do not know when my grandfather was born. I can only guess when one of the two oldest sons where born in 1909 and his youngest son in 1926 that the range is about 1880-1890 and that the marriage took place between 1905 and 1909. My father was born in 1923 (and I was born in 1964).

With kind regards,
Jan