POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2005-07 > 1121638276

From: "Jan Prygoda" <>
Subject: Family search
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:11:16 +0200

Thanks for your reply. Well, my father said he was from Tarnopol but I am pretty sure that they lived at a farm in Wierzchowce. He wsa not very exact in such things. I have been trying to find the Polish telephone directory on line but I could not find it. I am happy to know that there are 15 Przygoda's listed there.
Do you also know how many people with the name Se,k are listed ? 15 out of 57 Przygoda's in the old province of Rzeszow in Mielec means it is a stronghold.
I do not know much about my Polish relatives. There were father, mother, 4 boys and 1 girl. Father, mother and 2 boys did not survive the second world war because of the Soviet invasion and deportations in 1939-1940. One brother was born in 1909. The girl was born at 11.11.1911, my father in 1923 and his younger brother in 1926 or 1927. I am now trying to find out birth dates and birth places of my father's parents and his two older brothers whose names I do not know.

With kind regards,
Jan Prygoda