PITTSLEY-L Archives

Archiver > PITTSLEY > 2007-03 > 1173054779

From: ,
Subject: Re: [PITTSLEY] Hannah Raymond and Joseph Pittsley
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 00:32:59 -0000

Author: waldoayer
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.pittsley/15.26.28.29.35.36.37.64.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I just started working on this again and found your message. Thank you again.

My husband said Hannah Rider/Ryder had a photographh of someone in her family who was an Indian. Have you come across anyone in this Rider/Ryder family. Charles shows up in the 1900 census living with Hannah and her second husband Edgar Deforest Brown. There are three sets of Rider's/Ryder's or so I have been told - one in Maine, where Hannah said she was from, one in Cape Cod and one in Vermont (which probably came across from Maine, although no-one wants to admit being connected to each other). I know Hannah and Edgar went to Pilgrim and Indian meetings (separate meetings). Hannah said she also had relatives in Westchester County.

Just thought you may have come across some more information.

Thanks.

Important Note: