PHILLY-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PHILLY-ROOTS > 2011-12 > 1322873372

From: smdc <>
Subject: [Phly-Rts] Photo of glass pitcher (Bella Wright)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 19:49:32 -0500

Hello everyone, I am finally trying bribery. I have recently inherited a
glass pitcher that belonged to my Greatgrandmother,
Isabella(Birney)Wright, 1857 - 1925. Bella lived on Edgemont St and also
Albert St in Philadelphia. The pitcher is of red and clear cut glass and
is inscribed with her name and "Atlantic City 1897"(this is not
depression glass). I imagine it's something she bought on the boardwalk.
I would be willing to send a photo of the pitcher to anyone who can
provide me with info (proof)of her father-in-laws' parents and
grandparents from Northern Ireland. I am not interested in William or
Bella's descendants. I have all I need on them. Her father-in-law was
Oliver Wright, 1838 - 1917. I am not interested in Oliver's descendants.
I have all I need on them. He was a drayman from Northern Ireland. He
arrived in Philly from Londonderry on the Ship Harvest, alone. He lived
on Ball St and Fletcher St, Philly. His mother may have been Lucy and
his father may have been William Henry Wright. I can find no proof. Lucy
divorced Wm Henry and went on to marry Robert McKay although there was a
huge difference in their ages. I am not interested in the McKays if she
is not his mother. I am beginning to think that James Wright may
possibly be Oliver's father or uncle. They lived in the same area and
shared the same occupation. By the Irish naming methods he may possible
be Oliver's father. This man is my brick wall. Remember, I am not
interested in Oliver's descendants. If this works, I have other items
which were inherited when one of my grandmother's passed in 1972.
Sandy

This thread: