PHILLY-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PHILLY-ROOTS > 2010-04 > 1271179267

From: "Vincent E. Summers" <>
Subject: [Phly-Rts] Big FIND! MOULT
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:36:37 -0400

At last. Now I know how the MOULT line ties in with the STOCKHAM. Thanks
in large measure to my cousin, Cindy, and to you folks, especially Jane
Hamilton.

Oct 18, 1869
Public Ledger
Mortuary Notice

MOULT--On the 17th inst. after a lingering and painful illness, Mrs. MARY C
L MOULT, wife of Wm Moult of New Orleans.

The family and friends are invited to attend her
funeral from the residence of her brother in law,
George Stockham 1031Arch street on fourth day,
Wednesday, 20th inst., at 1 o'clock.
Interment at Laurel Hill.

Now, curiously, she was the sister of George Stockham, not the
sister-in-law. But that's OK. The issue is settled.

New Orleans was a huge surprise, though. Whatever does that mean? He was
born in England and the family came to Philadephia! He had been in
Manchester, Lancashire, England. Does this mean Orleans, or actually New
Orleans? If there for a while, I must learn more!

Thanks for all your assistance,
Vince

--
We are living in a time when one cannot savor the moment but must be
gratified in an instant.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/333797/vincent_summers.html
http://www.brighthub.com/members/vincesummers.aspx

This thread: