PHILLY-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PHILLY-ROOTS > 2009-07 > 1247742148

Subject: Re: [Phly-Rts] Baby Graves in Archdiocese Cemeteries
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:02:28 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

   What do you mean by " Baby Graves"?

    If you are talking about the "Baby Graves" that belong to the Archdiocese you cannot put headstones on them because they are 'mass' graves - graves that hold a minimum of 6 babies and they are owned by the Archdiocese. Most of thes 'Baby Graves' are small plots within Archdiocesan Cemeteries - usually identified by a small monument or an Angel statue.

   If a baby was buried in a privately owned grave within an Archdiocesan Cemetery they can have a headstone because that plot does not belong to the Archdiocese.

--
Dee Kaelin Maialetti
Philadelphia, Pa.

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:01:23 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: PHILLY-ROOTS Digest, Vol 4, Issue 158

Today's Topics:

     2. Baby Graves in Archdiocese Cemeteries (Michael J. O'Brien)

Message: 2