PHILLY-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PHILLY-ROOTS > 2008-06 > 1213273434

From: "Eugene Stackhouse" <>
Subject: Re: [Phly-Rts] Philadelphia Street names
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:23:54 -0400

An interesting question. I had never considered the problems that this situation could cause for strangers.
Many small streets, such as Water St. are interrupted for various reasons. To us they are one street with gaps throughout their lengths.
There are many streets with this configuration, not only Water St. Streets North of Market St. are North, as in North Water St. and streets South of Market St. are South, as in South Water St.

Eugene Stackhouse, Historian and Genealogist and Judge of Fine Beer.