PHILLY-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PHILLY-ROOTS > 2003-07 > 1058162268

Subject: Re: [PHLY-RTS] Unknown Marking on Census
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:57:52 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/2003 1:46:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Looking at the image of the census it is two different households each
> having
> a number listed. So Rachael would be considered head of household if Joseph,
>
> It appears he was craossed off iss not in the household. No guess though on
>
> the Ot unless it was a note the enumerater made on his own to show the
> husband
> was as you saidout of town.
> Kassie

Kassie-

I didn't see the image and if, as you say, there are two separate households
it puts an entirely different slant on things. However, I can't imagine a
census taker putting something in on the census form that doesn't belong there
(information not asked for). Could it be that (as some people have noted there
are strikeouts on the form) the census taker was initialling his changes? It
wouldn't be too far-fetched to add an official touch to a change if he had
initialled his changes and perhaps OT are his initials?

Joan

This thread: