PHILLY-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PHILLY-ROOTS > 2000-05 > 0959109819

From: C & C Helck <>
Subject: Re: [PHILLY-ROOTS-L] DUNSAFE, Drexel Hill, Upper Darby, New Jersey
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:23:39 -0400

This reminds me: does anyone know if there is ANOTHER Arlington Cemetery in
the Philly area, more specifically, in Philadelphia itself Montgomery Co.?
My grandmother had mentioned some of her family buried in an Arlington
Cemetery and a monument to one of them there -- and I thought it was THE
Arlington Cemetery in Va., so I went on a wild goose chase looking for
military ancestors, to no avail.

Coincidentally, my grandmother lived in Ridley Park, right near the
below-mentioned Arlington, but I really doubt that's the one she was
talking about -- all the ancestors of the time she was talking about are
"accounted for" in Ivy Hill Cemetery, in Philadelphia.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks

Catharine