PHILLIPS-L Archives

Archiver > PHILLIPS > 1999-09 > 0937598277

From: Linda Loser <>
Subject: [PHILLIPS] New England PHILLIPS
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:57:57 -0500

My New England Phillips- ancestry dead-ends!

I'm looking for any information on John Phillips, Templeton MA
whomarried Olive Fry Winchendon MA in 1823. Known children are
Austenzah (Austin) b.1827, Alvah Benjamin b.1841, Royal Tyler b.1842 and
Sylvia C.b.1846, all born in either MA, NH or NY.

They probably had more children but the ones above moved with her first
to DuPage co.,IL and then to Peshtigo, Wisconsin in 1854. John must
have died between 1846 and 1850 because Olive, by 1850, had married a
Benjamin Bozworth.(John and Olive's son Austin (Austenza) married
Benjamin Bozworth's daughter, Martha in 1849 in Royalston.)

I found John and Olive's marriage intentions in the IGI but none of the
childrens births. I have the Franklin B. Rice books of vitals to 1850
for Royalston, Templeton and Winchendon and found nothing but the
marriage in them also.

I will gladly exchange information with anyone researching this family.

Linda Phillips Loser
Peshtigo,WI

This thread: