PHILLIPS-UK-L Archives

Archiver > PHILLIPS-UK > 2009-02 > 1234776605

From: Matt Fletcher <>
Subject: [PHILLIPS-UK] Seeking Esther PHILLIPS
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:30:05 +0000

Hello,
I am looking for any details of my paternal grandmother - Esther
Phillips. I've traced other branches of my tree back to the early
1800's, but I've drawn nothing but blanks on Esther.

What I know:

- Born about 1900
- Married first quarter 1932 to Daniel Fletcher in Wigan & Leigh
District, Register Office or Registrar Attended
- Lived at Six Acre(s) Farm, Hindley Green, Wigan, Lancashire (now
Greater Manchester) in 1938
- Had 8 children (maybe more with infant deaths) - James, Doreen,
Barbara, Brian, William (Billy), Ron(ald?), Lilian, Sarah (Sally)
- Died about 1970
- Heard a story once about her working on Blackburn Bus Station as a
newspaper seller. Apparently she used to have a monkey that would sit
on her shoulder whilst she worked (yes, a real monkey!)

My father (James) was sent to Kirkham Children's Home at an early age,
so he never knew much about his parents to be able to pass onto me. So
if anyone can help me find anything else about her, I'd would be so
grateful.

Best wishes, Matt

This thread: