PERRY-L Archives

Archiver > PERRY > 2001-01 > 0978754454

Subject: [PERRY] PERRY-TX Obits
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 23:14:14 EST

More from Miscellaneous Texas Newspaper Abstracts-Deaths-Volume 1 , compiled
by Kelsey Floyd, and Parsons.(Heritage Books, Inc.)
Page 32 from Texas State Gazette
10-23-1852 Died on the 15th inst. near Huntsville, Cyrus S. PERRY., age
about thirty. (That is Huntsville, TX)

Page 97 from Indianola Bulletin
4-29-1852 Died on board the steamship "Metoer" the 6th of April at sea on
her voyage from New Orleans to Galveston, a passenger named PERRY. His right
arm had been amputated. His age was about forty. He stated he was from
Grimes County, this state.

page 107 from Indianola Bulletin
(This obituary is the husband of Emily Margaret AUSTIN BRYAN PERRY that I
submitted earlier.)
10-12-1853 It is with pain we announce the death at Biloxi, Mississippi of
yellow fever, James F. PERRY and his son Henry Austin PERRY of Brazoria
County, Texas. Mr. Perry was the brother-in-law to Stephen F. Austin, and
step father of Guy M. Bryan. He came to Texas from Missouri about 1829.
[James F. Perry was married to Emily Margaret Austin. The Hunt-Hardy house
is on the highest hill in Washington County. The house was built on a five
hundred acre tract of land from the league granted as a headright of Stephen
F. Austin. The headright is located approximately five miles west of
Independence.]

Page 108 from Indianola Bulletin
(Same AUSTIN-PERRY family)
12-14-1853 From the Brazoria Planter: Died, James F. PERRY, son of Henry
Austin PERRY. Born near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 19 December 1780, at the
age of eighteen he embarked down the Ohio for Missouri and settled at Burton
(now Potosi).

Page 133 from San Antonio Herald
3-21-1863 Asa PERRY, late of this county (Bexar County), and a John Means of
De Witt County were found dead on Monday last, near a camp of Mexican
cartmen, some ten miles beyond Clinton. Both of the unfortunate men had been
shot, and if we mistake not also cut with a knife.

There are more early TX PERRYs obituaries to come as time allows.

This thread: