PENNOYER-L Archives

Archiver > PENNOYER > 1999-07 > 0932157557

From: Stephen Sugarman <>
Subject: [PENNOYER-L] Poyneer
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

I happened upon your listings from June 1998 re Poyneer. I am related
to Poyneer and have always wondered if this spelling was original
because it is an unusual name and few offerings on genealogy sites.
Please let me know if Poyneer if you have further information as to
whether Poyneer is in fact part of the Pennoyer / Poinier , etc.
extended family.

My family Bible shows a Martin Poyneer 1789 - 1865 married Sophia
Vesta 1789-1877.
Their children (in my Bible) list only

Dorothy - b.??? d. 1864

Martin Jr. (no dates)

Alfred S. Poyneer 1837 - 1907 - Married Susan Ann Pierce(Pearse) b.
1840-1927
both born in Penn Yan, NY.

Alfred and Susan had two children:

Caroline Vesta Poyneer b. 1862 d. 1936 born Penn Yan d. Detroit,
Michigan 1936
Charlotte Poyneer born Penn Yan 1869 (never married as I can tell -
and died in 1950 Adrian or Detroit, Mich.)

This branch of Poyneer ended when Caroline Vesta Poyneer married Willis
Abijah Brower from Newark, NY in 1886. Their children were
Hubert W. ( my father), Luella, Leeland, and Aneta.

I am trying to pull all of the pieces together - If we have relatives in
common please contact me at . Mary Brower

This thread: