PAUBEL-L Archives

Archiver > PAUBEL > 2008-03 > 1205975732

From: Patty Frazer <>
Subject: Re: [PAUBEL] Origin
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:15:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, Emerson -

I am the list administrator and my great-grandmother was Caroline Frances (Caroline Franziska on baptism record) PAUBEL. She was born here in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. Her father was Julius Valentin PAUBEL who was the immigrant ancestor of mine. He came to the United States at the age of about 9 years old in 1847 from Suhl, Prussia (now called Thüringen in Germany) with his parents and two brothers, August Hermann and William Henry. Julius's parents were Johann Christian PAUBEL and Barbara HOCH. The came to the U.S. at the same time with Christian's brother and his family, Albert Veit PAUBEL, wife Frederica Augusta FUNK, and the first three of their children. Frederica was with child on the voyage and had child number four at sea in the Gulf of Mexico. They went on to have four more children in Missouri. Most of the PAUBEL descendants of these original two brothers were born in and settled in the St. Louis, Missouri, area of the United States. I
have found some PAUBELs in France, but have yet to find the connection. I am still in search of the parents in Suhl of the two original brothers Johann Christian and Albert Veit PAUBEL.

I hope this helps you with a bit of the history of the PAUBELs in the United States. I believe most of them are from these families, but there are a few that I have not been able to connect in Indiana and Connecticut, but I believe they also originated in Suhl.

Thank you for sharing how your name evolved to be PAUBEL. It does help us to understand how we keep hitting brick walls when we are researching our ancestry. :)

Patty Frazer
St. Louis, Missouri, USA

wrote:

Hi there. My name is Emerson Paubel and I live in Brazil. My surname Paubel
is due to a printing mistake. In fact, Poubel is the name of my father´s
family. However, as I became "Paubel" by force (I do not intend to change
the surname) I´d like to know if both names are related to each other. I
know Poubel is French and I noticed Paubel is German. Is it Jew or real
European? What region of Germany Paubel came from, its history and where
are located its descendents? Thanks.

Sincerely

Emerson F. C. Paubel

"O emitente desta mensagem é responsável por seu conteúdo e endereçamento.
Cabe ao destinatário cuidar quanto ao tratamento adequado. Sem a devida
autorização, a divulgação, a reprodução, a distribuição ou qualquer outra
ação em desconformidade com as normas internas do Sistema Petrobras são
proibidas e passíveis de sanção disciplinar, cível e criminal."

"The sender of this message is responsible for its content and addressing.
The receiver shall take proper care of it. Without due authorization, the
publication, reproduction, distribution or the performance of any other
action not conforming to Petrobras System internal policies and procedures
is forbidden and liable to disciplinary, civil or criminal sanctions."

" El emisor de este mensaje es responsable por su contenido y
direccionamiento. Cabe al destinatario darle el tratamiento adecuado. Sin
la debida autorización, su divulgación, reproducción, distribución o
cualquier otra acción no conforme a las normas internas del Sistema
Petrobras están prohibidas y serán pasibles de sanción disciplinaria, civil
y penal."