PARISH-L Archives

Archiver > PARISH > 1997-07 > 0870202840

From: <>
Subject: Native american blood in Parish line
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 14:00:40 -0500 (CDT)

Thea's interesting account of Abner Parrish being half Cherokee brings a
story to mind.

My grandmmother, Mittie Parish, 1896=1980s, told me the first Parish who
came to America came with two brothers. and one of the brothers married an
Indian.
That story had been handed down to her. She also always understood her
Parish line was from Ireland, not England. She told me this in the 1960s
many times.

does anyone else have any stories handed down?

randy decuir

This thread: