PAGENWEB-L Archives

Archiver > PAGENWEB > 2007-07 > 1183851764

From: "Lis Warwood" <>
Subject: [PAGENWEB] re CADWALLADER
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 09:12:47 +0930

On 5 July Elizabeth Shaw wrote to me re CADWALLADER - Elizabeth I have
tried replying off list several times and my message bounces so I am
replying on list.

You wrote:

Hi, Lis -

I looked around a bit & here's a snippet about your Harry C., I
think. http://genforum.genealogy.com/kachlein/messages/61.html

"... W. Harry Cadwallader who is mentioned in "The Kichlines in
America." He was the son of Benjamin Cadwallader and Susan M. Kichline,
and born in 1858 at Doylestown, PA. I believe he died shortly after the
1900 Federal Census in Philadelphia. Does anyone have any details --
dates, places of burial. He was married to an M.E. Cadwallader."

W. Harry is also mentioned as being active in 1912/1913 - having
donated an Indian mortar to the Bucks Co. Historical Soc.regards -
elizabeth shaw

My response:

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for writing. You should see the State Herbarium and Botanic
Gardens these days - they are wonderful and my husband and I visit it
often and whenever we have visitors from overseas we always take them
there!

The snippet you found was a posting by Robert Egby who is the editor of
a Spiritualist/Parapsychic publication and I believe that unfortunately
he had got the wrong CADWALLADER when he posted the message. W Henry
CADWALLADER was certainly the son of Benjamin Cadwallader b. 1825 &
Susan M KACHLINE/KICHLINE (married 1856) but from census records I have
been sent he did not marry and so must be eliminated from the equation.

The Harry CADWALLADER who appears to have been married to Mercy E was
born 1854/55 and if I have the right one he was the son of William
Rutherford CADWALLADER b. 1824 (d. 1862) who married a Sarah BRADFORD.
William Rutherford Cadwallader and Benjamin Cadwallader were brothers.

Now the W Harry mentioned "as being active in 1912/1913 - having donated
an Indian mortar to the Bucks Co. Historical Soc." Is an interesting
snippet - I wonder who this Cadwallader was?

Lis

This thread: