PAFAYETT-L Archives

Archiver > PAFAYETT > 2002-06 > 1025453616

From: "Joe Basinger" <>
Subject: Re: [PAFAYETT-L] Craft and Snyder
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 12:17:27 -0400

Boyd Wrote;

> Only know two of their children, George B. and Daniel. The 1790 census
> indicates two sons and two daughters. The 1800 census indicates four
sons,
> and five daughters.

Boyd,

You probably remember I am connected to this Craft line also. Benjamin and
Elizabeth are my 4th gr,grandparents.I have incomplete information on this
family also.

This was posted a while back don't know if it was looked into.

George Craft, Fayette County, Pa.
Vol.1, page 247
Dated: August 5, 1806
Probated: September 17, 1806
Witnesses: Ephraim Dilley, John Saladey
Executors: Lacey Hibbs, Robert Baird
Beneficiareis: wife Barbara; daughter Sally Hibbs

I have three son's of Benjamin and Elizabeth , George B. , Daniel and my 3rd
gr,grandfather Benjamin Oliphant Craft b.December 26, 1796 and moved to
Greene County.

As for burial, I would wonder if Benjamin was buried on the old Craft Farm.

'724 HISTORY OF FAYETTE COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA.

Partial refering to George;

"Mr. Kroft (dying in 1806) had four sons, named Samuel, Benjamin, David and
John Benjamin lived and died on a portion of the old farm, Samuel died in
Luzerne, John in Greene County, and David on the old farm in 1897"

There is an old print out of the Craft's that someone did that was at
Cornerstone in Greene County that I saw about 6 years ago.There was not much
there but the print out only had three known son's of Benjamin also. I don't
have the source for that but it should be on file.

As for Benjamin Oliphant Craft which I am currently working on ,

I have ;

Benjamin Oliphant Craft b.December 26, 1796 Redstone Fayette County d. March
27, 1886 Greene County
married Mary Craft his cousin b.1800 d.Aft. 1888 daughter of Samuel Craft
and Esther Cherone (looking into "Chessround" ) (Cherone is Italian or
Spanish )

Children or Benjamin O. and Mary Craft ;

Elizabeth Craft m.Thomas Sharpnack
Valentine M. Craft m.Sarah Yoders
Jackson Craft m. Elizabeth Unknown
Jane Craft
Margaret Roseberry Craft m. .John Stogden Funk
Benjamin Lawrence Craft m. Margaret Ann Rinehart
Pheobe Craft
Clarissa C. Craft m. Peter Goslin (my line)
James G. Craft m. Sarah Unknown
Mary Craft
George Craft

BENJAMIN CRAFT
State: PA Year: 1850
County: Greene County Record Township: Jefferson Township Page: 130
Benjamin Craft 51
Mary 50
Valentine M. 22 ( murdered by Robert Preston )
Elizabeth 19 (Member of Cumberland Presbyterian Church )
Jackson 21
Jane 18
Margaret 16
Phebe 13
Benjamin L. 13 (died of blood poisoning ) ( Company F, 1st Cavalry
Regiment Pennsylvania)
James G. 11
Clara 9 (have picture) (buried Smith Cemetery Greene
County)
Mary 7
George 6

CRAFT, BENJAMIN
State: PA Year: 1860
County: Greene County Township: Jefferson Township Page: 501
615 628 Benjamin Craft 62 M Farmer 5000 1000 Pennsylvania
Mary 59 F House Keeper Pennsylvania
Benjamin L 23 M Farmer Pennsylvania

1870 Greene County Jefferson Twp. page 288+289
240 240 Benjamin Craft 74 M W Farmer 2000 200 Pennsylvania
Mary 70 W F Keeping House Pennsylvania

1880 Greene County Jefferson Twp. page 8
62 63 Benjamin Craft M 84 Farm Laboror Pennsylvania
Mary F 80 Keeping House Pennsylvania

I would like to figure out more on this line also so please keep me in the
loop and I as well will post any findings.
Best Regards,Joe Basinger