PAERIE-L Archives

Archiver > PAERIE > 2007-09 > 1191198527

From: James Ziegenhine <>
Subject: Re: [PAERIE] Erie/Methodist Episcopal Records, etc.
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:28:47 -0700 (PDT)

The ME church and the Epicopal church were never
linked in the United States. The ME chuch in the US
comes from the Methodist church which came over from
England. Both the Methodist church and the Epicopal
church comes from the Anglican church in England.
That is the closest they come. The Methodist broke
away because of the teachings of the Wesley brothers
(although they never did want to make the break) in
England. The Episcopal church broke away because we
won the Revolutionary war. If American had lost that
war, the Episcopal church would not be in existance.
See the following web site for the history of the ME
church.

http://www.godrules.net/library/bangs/73bangs_a3.htm