PAERIE-L Archives

Archiver > PAERIE > 2007-09 > 1191162115

From: Florence Boyles <>
Subject: Re: [PAERIE] Records/1900..anyone interested?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 07:21:55 -0700 (PDT)

H My family was from waterford and would be interested in the set of copies you have they went to espicapol church ty Flo sorry about spelling Thanks

wrote: Hi, all: I'm trying to go thru and process my records on various things
before "the end" comes!!!! (I'm not planning on a specific time!!!) What I do
have in my files is the following:

Now, I must preface this offer with the fact that an old fellow somewhere
back in Erie, Waterford area gave these to me with regard to my kin, Edwin
BRIGGS of Waterford....I think it has been enough years back that I would not be
giving away a precious set of data that he entrusted just to me!

Minutes of the Erie Annual Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church
held at Punxsutawney, PA September 12 - 17, 1900
the Sixty-Fifth Annual Session
About 34 pages in all (17 pages, two sided)...listing of ATTENDEES

IF anyone would like to "copy" these and put them on our Erie web site, I
would be only too happy to send them to you.

Then, I've just noticed that in all these papers is: the 1884 Minutes!!!
and, 1885, 1886, 1888, 1889, 1890 (conference rolls), 1891, 1892, 1893, 1894,
1896, etc.

Those of you that are authorities on copyright matters, could you please
check this out before we put them on any website: They are all stamped with the
wording:

Property of Commission on Archives & History
Western Pennsylvania Conference
United Methodist Church

Now, I don't know when that was stamped on, and how long does the ownership
extend, if so? I would think that any individual with a copy from his gr-gr
grandpa's records could put this on a web site, etc....but who knows how
these things go???

At any rate, the offer is out here. Maybe our webmaster could offer us some
advice, etc.

Regards,
Barb By.
Paradise, CA