PAERIE-L Archives

Archiver > PAERIE > 2007-09 > 1190941713

Subject: [PAERIE] Database & Omitted Entries Update
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:08:33 EDT

Hi, boy am I glad I started keeping some track of most of the people I could
not find in the Erie Cemetery Database. I really have to thank you guys on
the list for that and the fact they are archived!!

I was at the Erie Cemetery today taking pics. I had been at the office
doing a specific search and had the folks there giving me a hand. So off I
went to the section and after wandering around with my map KNOWING where I
needed to be for the most part was unable to find the person. There was a man
who has helped me before from the office who was digging a bit in the dirt near
by so I went and questioned him on the lot's placement. Well little did I
know I was speaking all this time to the manager Clarke and he mentioned again
the errors in the database they have. Then I mentioned the ones I have not
been able to find at all. He seemed surprised at that and requested I give
him a copy of them so they can be thoroughly researched by the staff. ( I had
thought of it when it was one or two but I didn't want to offend anybody
either.) So honestly I am very excited that these people might get accounted
for and I'm glad now I started sending them out to the list!

Still graving,
Christine