PAERIE-L Archives

Archiver > PAERIE > 2007-09 > 1190571172

From: James Ziegenhine <>
Subject: Re: [PAERIE] Erie Cemetery Association ISRAEL
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

Clarification. Bishop is not his first name. It is
his title. Bishop Rogers Isreal was the first bishop
of the Episopal Diocese of Erie. Erie split off from
Pittsburgh in about 1910. Oh, by the way, priests,
deacons, and bishops are allowed to marry in the
Episcopal Church. Also, Rogers Isreal has a VFW post
named after him in Erie.

Jim