PAERIE-L Archives

Archiver > PAERIE > 2007-08 > 1188603594

From: "Genie Flahie" <>
Subject: Re: [PAERIE] research trip
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:39:54 -0400

I took a similar trip. You should definitely review the web site for the
Erie County library (Basco). They have a genealogy room on the second floor
where I found lots of helpful information. Had I been better prepared, I
would have looked at the library card catalog on the internet before I left
home. Also, on the first floor, they have an obituary index and you can
then print out a copy of any obituary in which you are interested.

If you know the religion of the person you are seeking, you may contact
existing churches of that religion to see the dates of their records. This,
too, can be done from home.

And of course you will check the Erie County GenWeb site for lots of useful
information.

Genie Flahie