PA-PITTSBURGH-L Archives

Archiver > PA-PITTSBURGH > 2009-04 > 1240503756

From: Al Lenkner <>
Subject: Re: [PA-PITTSBURGH] Chit-chat
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:22:36 -0400
References: <mailman.743.1240383650.17620.pa-pittsburgh@rootsweb.com><BAY121-W2658307BB896C17224FD27BD740@phx.gbl><20090422182957.4082C38140@smtp-ext-03.mx.pitdc1.expedient.net><BAY101-W642045762DF012F23F3ABAE750@phx.gbl><89D4E1843507442DB14E0FDE6C11907C@MobilePC>
In-Reply-To: <89D4E1843507442DB14E0FDE6C11907C@MobilePC>

Deirdre,

Since you made that public, it's a shame you never got to know Jack's
dad, Jack Sr. He was a real rascal but the Mayor of Brighton Heights
for......... probably the last 20 years of his life. Now HE was a
character. Jr is almost completely the opposite of his dad. I guess
he couldn't get a word in edgewise. You have good blood. They
are/were really good guys and firefighters.

Al

At 03:27 AM 4/23/2009, you wrote:
>I enjoy this list so much.
>Through Al I found all my Grandmother's people right in Pittsburgh and made
>contact with them. I still keep in touch on the list, simply because I
>find it so informative. I suppose I am a lurker but I find a lot of the
>material interesting and I follow up out of curiosity.
>I love the chit chat, this list is all about communicating, a bit of light
>hearted fun never goes amiss.
>Thank you again all list members and contributors.
> >From Deirdre in Ireland.
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Barb mangan" <>
>To: <>
>Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:11 AM
>Subject: Re: [PA-PITTSBURGH] Chit-chat
>You tell him Al. I don't know why some people just want to lurk. Serves no
>purpose.Barb
> > Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:29:54 -0400
> > To:
> > From:
> > Subject: Re: [PA-PITTSBURGH] Chit-chat
> > Tomi,
> > The people that you are complaining about are the ones that have been
> > sitting here waiting for you and other foreigners to ask a
> > question. Sometimes we go weeks without someone asking for
> > assistance and "chit chat" is one way to tell ourselves that there's
> > nothing wrong with the list.
> > If you and Mr O'Connor find this list with its "chit chat" so
> > unenjoyable, then I suggest you take your questions to the Allegheny
> > site which is run by a woman more to your liking........ not ours.
> > Remember this word of advice........... Don't bite the hand that's feeding
> > you.
> > Al
> > At 09:06 AM 4/22/2009, you wrote:
> >>Hello List,
> >>
> >>I would like to respectfully request that members of this list stick
> >>to genealogy topics. I know from time to time others have had the
> >>same complaint that there is too much "chit chat" unrelated to
> >>genealogy on this site. There is another Pittsburgh site called
> >>Pittsburgh Memories especially for discussing Pittsburgh's past and
> >>other topics and chatting with friends. Facebook, Instant
> >>Messenger, etc are also all available to talk about 'whatever'. Can
> >>we keep the Pittsburgh list for genealogy, as do the other lists,
> >>such as Blair, Cambria, Venango, etc?
> >>_________________________________________________________________
> >>Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.
> >>http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Redi
> scover_Storage2_042009
> >>-------------------------------
> >>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> >> with the word 'unsubscribe'
> >>without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> >>Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
> >> boundary="=======AVGMAIL-49EF18130000======="
> >>--=======AVGMAIL-49EF18130000=======--
> >>
> >>No virus found in this incoming message.
> >>Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
> >>Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.12.2/2074 - Release Date:
> >>4/22/2009 8:49 AM
> > -------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> > quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>-------------------------------
>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>-------------------------------
>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> with the word 'unsubscribe'
>without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
> boundary="=======AVGMAIL-49F01C650000======="
>--=======AVGMAIL-49F01C650000=======--
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com