OSTFRIESEN-L Archives

Archiver > OSTFRIESEN > 2003-07 > 1058659089

From: "Neil & Martha Wolf" <>
Subject: Re: [OSTF] Nervenleiden
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:58:09 -0400

When attempting to relate diagnoses of illnesses or causes of death from
previous eras to today's, one should keep in mind that they don't always
correspond. What was once thought to be one single disease may now be
recognized as several, and several diseases of the past may now be
recognized as various manifestations of one single disease. Some diagnoses
of the past are now known to be completely wrong. Also, keep in mind that
then or now, death certificates may not be accurate. Perhaps the listed
cause of death was just a "best guess" (speaking as a physician). Neil
Wolf