OSTFRIESEN-L Archives

Archiver > OSTFRIESEN > 2003-07 > 1058643881

From: "H.-J. Adams" <>
Subject: Re: [OSTF] Nervenleiden
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:47:46 +0200

If Nervenleiden wouldn´t mean meningitis (and i'm not sure if they were able
to get a proper diagnosis at that time), Nervenleiden could be another term
for Nervenfieber (Leiden means suffering on something) and anyone in feaver
is also suffering. Thus Nervenleiden might have been Nervenfieber and
Nervenfieber was not meningitis but typhus - according to
http://www.genealogienetz.de/misc/krankheiten.html (look for Nervenfieber).

Jürgen Adams
--
Website: www.wiesmoor-info.de