ORIGINAL-13-L Archives

Archiver > ORIGINAL-13 > 2008-07 > 1216653424

Subject: [ORIGINAL-13] Strawberry Alley:
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:17:04 EDT

Well well, I just visited old City this year and walked the oldest street in
America still in existence, but today pedestrian only, it is Elfreth's Alley.
And a couple blocks south near Penns Landing, I remember a Strawberry st.
that runs north & south. I just brought it up on google map and it shows as
between Market & Chestnut, and 2nd & 3rd, but only runs one block. This might
be the remnants of Strawberry Alley???? This is of note to the original 13, as
I also have found some of Abraham Tunes & Beatrix Boetzen Luckens
descendents thru their son Anthony Tunis, were merchants in this part of Philly between
the Revolutionary and American Civil Wars.
Nelson

In a message dated 7/21/2008 9:01:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,