ORFORUM-L Archives

Archiver > ORFORUM > 2005-08 > 1123166828

From: "Janice M. Healy" <>
Subject: Re: [GFO] CastleGarden.org
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:47:08 -0700

>The new website for the Castle Garden (New York) passenger arrivals is now
>online. I does not appear that it is yet complete, though. So keep checking
>back.
>
>You'll find it at www.castlegarden.org
>
>There appears to be available a quick search (for free), or an advanced
>search (for a charge).
>
>The advanced search allows you to narrow down the results by dates, etc.
>Color me shocked to learn the advanced search has a fee of $45. Yikes!
>
>I suggest everyone try the quick search!
>

>Julie Kidd
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>List Administrator, ORFORUM

Thanks Julie, for the heads up on the cost. This makes Ancestry.com
look cheap. I am assuming this is for one person per charge. Yiks is
all I can say as I have a whole raft of folks to look for that I have
found their ships etc. on. What new can one learn at Castle garden I
wonder? I will most definitely do the quick search.

Again thanks for the warning,
Janice

Janice M. Healy
Co-compiler of "Oregon Burial Site Guide"

Aloha, Oregon U.S.A.
Mailto:

"Oregon Burial Site Guide"
http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/obsg.html
Plan ahead for the following conferences:
FGS Conference 9-10 Sept 2005, Salt Lake City

Public service site
http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ancestors.html

This thread: