ORCOOS-L Archives

Archiver > ORCOOS > 2012-02 > 1330025573

From: "Cheryl Laffranchi" <>
Subject: [ORCOOS] raogk.org
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:32:53 -0800
References: <1329931140.41079.YahooMailNeo@web112405.mail.gq1.yahoo.com><1329932893.87621.YahooMailClassic@web39306.mail.mud.yahoo.com><1329933511.24460.YahooMailNeo@web112419.mail.gq1.yahoo.com><87DCBC46DDE64D75B22993A06498CBF4@Judy1>
In-Reply-To: <87DCBC46DDE64D75B22993A06498CBF4@Judy1>

For anyone interested FOUR MILE is located 4 miles south of Bandon. TWO
MILE was two mile south of Bandon. They are both areas not towns, even
though they have a community atmosphere.

From: "Judy Brown" <>
To: "'Robyn Greenlund'" <>; <>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: [ORCOOS] raogk.org

Another option is contacting the Oregon Genealogical Society in Eugene.
They have volunteers who, for a modest fee, will do research in the
newspaper archives at the University of Oregon. Their address is
www.oregongenealogicalsociety.org.

Judy Brown, member, OGS

From: [mailto:] On
Behalf Of Robyn Greenlund
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:59 AM
To: OR-Coos
Subject: Re: [ORCOOS] raogk.org

Unbelievably, I had not heard that RAOGK.org had closed.

I just did a quick search, and learned that the site closed in Oct. 2011,
and that the founder, Bridgette Schneider, passed away on Nov. 12th. My
sincere thanks to her and the wonderful legacy she created by founding that
wonderful site.

For those of you who where volunteers with Raogk.org, please send me your
names and information on what you are willing to do and I will be happy to
update the ORGenweb pages with your preferences and contact information
(with your e-mail address encoded for privacy).

Robyn

________________________________
From: Jackie Whedbee <>
To: Robyn Greenlund <>;
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [ORCOOS] Ola PAULSON & Leona KOFF - help needed to locate
obituaries

FYI - The Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness web site is no longer
available . . .

Bummer Bummer

Jackie Whedbee

FIND YOUR INNER TURTLE -
Slow down and enjoy life.

--- On Wed, 2/22/12, Robyn Greenlund <> wrote:

>From: Robyn Greenlund <>
>Subject: Re: [ORCOOS] Ola PAULSON & Leona KOFF - help needed to locate
obituaries
>To: "" <>
>Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 8:19 AM
>Both of these obituaries could be in either the Coos bay newspapers, but
more likely this would haev been in the Bandon Western World. If you contact
the Bandon Historical Society, they have an extensive collection of
obituaries from the Western World, and may have these available. If you are
not able to find these, please contact a volunteer with RAOGK.org as one of
us would be happy to help. FYI - Four-mile is located just south of
Bandon.________________________________From: Sarah Torline
<>To: Sent: Wednesday, February 22,
2012 8:58 AMSubject: [ORCOOS] Ola PAULSON & Leona KOFF - help needed to
locate obituariesHello All!I posted the following message to the Obituary
Lookup Rootsweb mailing list,but I didn't have any luck. I'm hoping that
perhaps there is someone here whocould help me.I'd like to request 2obituary
lookups, if at all possible.The first is for Ola Paulson. According to the
Oregon Death Index
and theSocial Security Death Index, Ola died on Oct 02, 1980 in Bandon,
Coos County, OR.Ola was the widow of Stanley Paulson.The second obituary is
for Leona Koff. I have not been able to locate Leona inthe Social Security
Death Index, but according to the Oregon Death Index, shedied on Nov 04,
1962 in Coos County,OR. At one point in time, Ishowed her to be living in
Four Mile (I can't find it on any maps, so I'm notsure where that was).
Leona was the widow of Sol Koff.If there is any other information I can
provide, please let me know. Thank youso much for your time and help!~ Sarah
Torline -------------------------------To unsubscribe
from the list, please send an email to with the
word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the
in Coos County History? See
what's online atgenealogytrails.com, coquillevalley.org,
or orgenweb.org -------------------------------To unsubscribe from the
list, please send an email to with the word
'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

Interested in Coos County History? See what's online at