ORANGEBURGH_SC-L ArchivesArchiver > ORANGEBURGH_SC > 2008-07 > 1216781445
From: Kathy Williams <>
Subject: [ORANGEBURGH_SC] COL. JOHN FISHER ~ LOYALIST
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:50:45 -0700 (PDT)
Looking for information regarding Col. John Fisher and family.
John Fisher, a native of Scotland, immigrated to America 1760 with sister Mary. 1768 Sep 12 Granted Lot 271. Orangeburgh Merchant. To England 1775 returned 1778 and settled St. Augustine and then Savannah. Returned Orangeburgh 1780 appointed Colonel in militia.
* John Fisher was born in Scotland ca. 1720(?).
* I believe he may have died in Jamaica ca. 1792(?).
* His property was confiscated during(?)/after(?) the Revolutionary War.
* Owned 3000 acres in Orangeburgh District
I believe John Fisher to be my 6th great grandfather, the father of my 5th great grandmother, Mary Ann Fisher. Mary Ann Fisher married Joseph B. Burch 11 May 1762 at St. Philips Parish, Charleston, South Carolina. They resided in Georgetown District (later Marion District).
* Was John Fisher Mary Ann Fisher's father?
* Who was John Fisher's wife?
* Who were John Fisher's children?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Kathy Burch Williams