ORANGEBURGH_SC-L Archives

Archiver > ORANGEBURGH_SC > 2008-07 > 1215878560

From: "Margaret Waters" <>
Subject: Re: [ORANGEBURGH_SC] Spencer BOLTON, Isaac DYKES
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:02:40 -0400

Corrections to my previous post:

In the 1800 census (not the 1810 census) Solomon and Spencer were in the
area of Middlepen Swamp. Solomon did stay in Orangeburgh District even
though Spencer did not. In 1810 Solomon was living in the vicinity of Robert
and Snake Swamps which both flow into the South Edisto just south of Cope,
SC. Solomon was possibly living somewhere along what is now Binnaker Bridge
Road just northwest of Cope. (Solomon was indexed in the Ancestry.com
database for 1810 as Solm. Botton.)

Given that Solomon was still alive in 1810 and that he and Spencer had both
signed a petition in Georgetown District in 1794 (from Harriet Imrey's
post), they may well have been brothers rather than father and son.

Margaret