ORANGEBURGH_SC-L Archives

Archiver > ORANGEBURGH_SC > 1997-01 > 0852504406

From: Mark James <>
Subject: Shadrack ODOM
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 17:46:46 -0500

It looks like another of my lines might stem from the Orangeburgh area.
I've just received a message from a fellow Odom researcher who says that
a Shadrack or Shadrach Odom lived in Orangeburgh District and fought in
the Revolutionary War. He married Millie Breland or Breeland; they had at
least one son, William Odom. Shadrack Odom died sometime between 1785 and
1790, and Millie remarried Matthew Cook. Sometime around 1810, a group of
Odoms and Breelands left Orangeburgh and migrated across Georgia and
Alabama to Mississippi and Louisiana. Thus they are probably related to
my Odom line of Louisiana, but I'd like to prove it if possible.

Does anyone on this list have information on Shadrack Odom, or on any
other Odom or Breeland in Orangeburgh?

Thanks -- Mark James <>

This thread: