ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2012-03 > 1332467954

From: "J. Brian Gilchrist" <>
Subject: [ONTARIO] Date of Death from Directories
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:59:14 -0400

Who is it you are looking for .... ????

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nat Skuce" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:59 AM
Subject: [ONTARIO] Historical Directories

Would anyone know approximately, how far in advance the various Historical
Directories were prepared in advance? I'm trying to narrow down a death

The possible markers I have are: the birth of his last child in 1848, the
1851-2 Census listing his wife as widowed and where his name appears in
Roswell’s Toronto City and County of York Directory, 1850-1851.

I think I might be safe with 1850-1852, but if the Directory is prepared
more then two years in advance, I'd be wrong.

Ten People All Genealogists Should Follow On Twitter:

Search Ontario Genealogy & Resources at