ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2012-01 > 1326425626

From: "J. Brian Gilchrist" <>
Subject: [ONTARIO] Elizabeth Hayes & Peel County
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:33:46 -0500

Hello Ms Lewis: I have several questions for you to ponder, if you have not
already done so.

1. Is Elizabeth an only child? If not what happened to her siblings? Did
they come to North America?
2. When did her parents die in relationship to one another? Was there a
Guardian appointed?
3. What makes you think she came right to Canada West? Could she have gone
to relatives in others parts of North America?
4. Who were the witnesses to her marriage in 1863?
5. Have you contacted the Region of Peel Archives, checked the William
Perkins Bull collection etc.,
6. Was she baptised a Methodist in England? If so who were her
Sponsors/Godparents and what role would they have had in raising the childn
/ children after the death of the parents?
7. If she was a convert to Methodism have you checked for any notices about
her marriage and or death in any of the Methodist newspapers?
8. What happened to the family of Marucie and Elizabeth?
9. What newspapers have you check for death notices, obituaries, etc.
10. Did she and Morris / Maurice celebrsate a special wedding anniversary,
i.e. 40, 50 0r 60??? Was that Annoiversary written up in the media of the
day as such stories often talking about the "coming to America" and how the
couple met.
I have other questions and could continue but should give you time to
respond ... and see where we go from there ....

When you are finished writing your story, since Peel County is involved, the
Reference Library at The Region of Peel Archives would very much like to
have a copy - please and thank you! {It so happens that I am the Reference
Archivist for the Region of Peel Archives)

Good night ,,,
J. Brian Gilchrist