ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2012-01 > 1326422391

From: "Barbara Lewis" <>
Subject: [ONTARIO] Last chance for help on Elizabeth Hayes
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 19:39:52 -0700

I have been on this list since it began and have received so much help on my other lines. I am now finally writing up the story on my ggrandmother, Elizabeth Hayes and will then close the book on her life and move onto other projects. I have her life in England up to 1851 and then she shows up married in Cooksville, Peel county, in 1863. I have the rest of her life from then on.

In other words, what I need to find out is what happened to her after finding her in the 1851 census of England (Staffordshire) and before she married in Cooksville in 1863.

I’ve tried so hard to find her in the 1861 census of Ontario. Her parents were both deceased back in England and I want so badly to know who brought her to Canada and where they lived.....it was between 1851 and 1863. I even transcribed the entire 1861 census of Toronto Twp for the Genweb Census project, hoping to find Elizabeth there. All I have is her marriage certificate from the Methodist Church in Cooksville where she was married to Maurice Collins.

My question...is there any other place I can look to find any other record of her in Ontario that would help he to know
#1...who she was living with when she came into Ontario
#2 where they were living. I would love to be able to add this information to the story I am writing.

Hoping someone might help me to know where to look next....
Barbara Lewis

This thread: