ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2011-11 > 1322598874

From: "Connie" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Robert James McCartney
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:34:34 -0500

Hello all,

I'm trying to locate where my grandfather would have been buried and any
info from relatives about him. Very mysterious man, no pictures to be
found....unfortunately no surviving immediate family living, his last, my
mother passed away 2.5 years ago and didn't know him......His death
certificate says "proposed" burial was to be in Stayner Ontario. I have
called the funeral home who did the service as well as talked to the care
taker of both cemeteries in Stayner as well as the small cemetery in
Dundalk...not buried there. I have even check the website Canadian
Gravemarker Gallery and no luck finding a marker there.

Robert James McCartney
DOB June 8 1893
DOD May 6 1954
Died in General Marine Hospital Collingwood Ontario
Body was claimed by his brother William
Death certificate also stated that his primary residence was 167 Peel Street
Collingwood

Fathers name James McCartney
Mothers name Jane Cherry
Was married to Ezzela Tinegate